Learn the basics of sewing! You also get a Basic Sewing Kit!
- How to operate a sewing machine, trouble shoot problems.
- How to thread, use machine equipment and tools.
- Learn to read a pattern and make basic alterations.
- Learn to perform basic alterations.
- How to layout fabric, pin, and cut.
- Practice getting comfortable with sewing a straight line on various weights of fabric.
- Sign up for up to 6 hours of sewing instruction a month.
- Complete a basic garment or basic level sewn item to graduate from this level!
How to sign up for your hours:
To control the classroom size, we will have “open-hours” to sign up. All time slots will be kept to a 5 person minimum.